DCMG provides a full service commercial/ residential Contents Response and Disaster Solutions Vendors with locations throughout the North America. Our company has built an excellent reputation in providing remediation of mold, fire, water, reconstruction, roofing and contents services in post disaster.
DCMG Contents restoration service applies to all types of items that may become damaged after a disaster. Contents restoration services are just as important in the rebuilding phase because it includes everything housed within the property. DCMG contents restoration vendors know how valuable items are to our clients and our professionals know how to diligently handle the process.
We have successfully recovered contents for many property types including:
DCMG damage restoration process can be equally vital, especially when it comes to properly inventorying and salvaging sentimental belongings. Our contents restoration teams present you and your customer service representative with as many cost-effective options as possible. DCMG damage restoration procedures are customized to meet our customers’ preferences when handling their possessions.
Throughout the disaster restoration and rebuild process it may be necessary to remove personal property from a home or business. This allows for better disaster restoration and proper storage until the structural repairs are completed. Contents that are removed are inventoried, packed, processed in our content processing facility, repacked and stored. Before the removal and restoration of contents, the client will be given a list of important things to keep (e.g., passports, paperwork, prescriptions) that they may require while in temporary housing.
If a home or business has incurred fire, water or storm damage, DCMG vendor’s services will begin within the first 24-48 hours to prevent further content damage. Our disaster restoration services can provide the client with significant cost-savings over item replacement and repair. We realize some items in a home or business cannot be replaced easily, so we make it a priority to provide high-quality content restoration to save money but more importantly, we give back what disaster took.
- Schedule jobs with customers and adjusters.
- Pack out
- Complete inventory sheets (salvageable/unsalvageable).
- Use our software system; Contents track to create estimates onsite.
- Supervise labor/cleaning of contents.
- Clean contents, using the most appropriate chemicals and equipment.
- Handle on-site appraisals.
- Talk to adjusters and/or Project Managers to understand the scope of the job and what’s expected.
- Update our Job Management software (job notes, pictures, important information).
- Make sure contents are wrapped and completely protected from possible damage.
- Create work orders and purchase orders.
- Do an initial walk through of the job ( get pictures, get all the papers needed to start.
- Schedule pack backs in putting back contents.